Blogs, Vlogs, and other things I want to be good at



I always felt as if I didn't really know much about blogging, vlogging, podcasting, or anything of the sort 
honestly. After doing a deep dive though, I realized that all of those things are everywhere! Sometimes you just don't even notice. Take Blogs for example. I was a huge Victorious fan when I was younger as I assume a lot of us were. I never realized that in every episode of that show, they are literally updating blogs! Like what?! I had no idea that was even considered a blog, but now diving deeper into chapter 12 and doing some research on my own, I am learning that there 
are blogs everywhere. 


Vlogs?! Apparently those have been around forever too and I didn't even notice. When I think of a vlog in todays day in age, I just think of famous you tubers and influencers who do fancy travel vlogs and things like that. But a vlog doesn't need to be that fancy. Teddy Duncan vlogged at the end of every episode of Good Luck Charlie and I never once thought of this as a vlog and that is crazy to me. Nowadays, Vlog is a very broad term and after reading about it in our book, honestly I see Tiktok as more of a vlogging platform than anything else. A vlog is just someone telling a story in video form, whether that's a GRWM or a roadtrip video or anything in between. I don't know why vlogging has always seemed so intimidating, but it's not, anyone can do it!


PODCASTS?! Don't even get me started on the absolute amazingness that is podcasts. HOW I went so long in my life not knowing how much I love these things I will never know, but now that I have entered the podcast world I am never looking back. Since I've started listening to podcasts, I haven't watched a TV show. Podcasts are so much better! There is literally something for EVERYONE if you look hard enough, there are podcasts about every single thing. I am a junkie for true crime so that is my usual go to (10/10 recommend giving Crime Junkie a listen!) But that's not all, I listen to psychology podcasts to help me study for my classes, I listen to running podcasts, funny podcasts, relationship podcasts, literally anything I could think of there is a podcast for it and there is absolutely nothing better than turning on a podcast and deep cleaning my room.

MY TOP 5 PODCASTS I 10/10 RECOMMEND!!!!
  1. Crime Junkie Podcast
  2. ADHD For Smart A** Women
  3. My Favorite Murder
  4. New Heights Podcast
  5. The Mindset Mile

















Comments

  1. I couldn't believe it either when while reading I noticed how so much of my childhood was blogging and vlogging! It never occurred to me until I read the literal definitions and put two and two together! I also agree that podcasts are amazing and New Heights Podcast is one of my favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, podcasts have taken over my life and I listen to them all the time. I also listen to a lot of true crime podcasts and LOVE Crime Junkie. I find podcasts convenient because many of the ones I follow also post video footage on YouTube so I can either watch it as a video or listen to the sound only.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts